Where do all these thoughts come from?


From UG Krishnamurti:

Q: Where do all these thoughts come from?

A: They are all over. There is a thought sphere in which we are all functioning. But one question (I don't ask myself that question because there is no point in posing that question to myself, nor am I interested in finding an answer for it) for which the answer is not very clear is: do these thoughts come from outside passed on from generation to generation, or are they also transmitted through the genes? I have every reason to believe that the totality of knowledge is not only transmitted through our education in all forms, shapes, sizes, and degrees, but also, to a greater extent, through the genes. Now they are saying that the capacity to learn not only languages but a language is genetically controlled. (Thought Is Your Enemy)

Popular posts from this blog

om vacadbhuve namah ॐ वचद्भुवे नमः

Breath and mind arise from the same place…

The time has now come to turn inwards…